#56: Succeeding as a Technical Founder with Dave Shanley
Dave Shanley is a serial entrepreneur with experience in bootstrapping, raising venture capital, acquisitions, and growing product lines to $25MM+ in B2B SaaS. He is currently the Founder/CEO of Content Camel, a Sales Enablement Tool for Sales Content Management. He was previously the Founder/CEO of Notion (acquired), the Founder/CTO of CrowdCompass (acquired).
What You Learn
- What is the hardest lesson you learned becoming a technical founder of a company?
- What did you wish someone had told you before you started?
- What is the most important soft skill you have developed through all this?
- Why should you set expectations early?
- What are the most common pitfalls a technical founder experiences?
- How should a technical founder decide whether to learn how to be a CEO or hire a CEO and be the CTO?
- The most common thing in startups is the main founder is the CEO, but have you seen them run where the CTO is the main founder?
- How to deal with legal issues when you’re not the CEO?
Transcript coming soon..