#50: Protecting Yourself and Your Company with Cassady Toles
Welcome back to another episode of the We Live to Build podcast.
Every entrepreneur has to make many legal decisions, often without solid access to advice around what their best options are.
That’s why I invited Cassady Toles, a licensed corporate lawyer based in California but with national and global legal experience.
Let’s give a warm welcome to Cassady!
We talk about:
- What is the best strategy when starting a company?
- How to know where to incorporate?
- How to protect Co-founder relationships?
- How to handle Marital divorce?
- When should you prepare a Shareholder Agreement?
- What are Classes of Shares?
- What are NDAs and are they actually useful?
- What is the Employee Agreement + ESOP?
And remember, Entrepreneurship is a Marathon, not a Sprint, so take care of yourself every day, so that you can live and love, and have the energy and the passion to run your business, and to invest in your team, and to find a way to appreciate those moments of happiness.