#36: Understanding the Spanish Startup Ecosystem with Emily GC Lombán
Welcome back to another episode of the We Live to Build podcast.
I’m so happy that I recently began interviewing European entrepreneurs, because innovation is global, and each region of the world does it differently.
If you haven’t listened to it yet, Episode 35 (the one that came out just before this one) was with Mike Dragan, who’s from Bucharest, Romania and based in Austin, Texas, but currently in Romania raising a bridge round for his own company, and coming soon will be an episode about the French ecosystem with Gabriel Cian.
Today’s guest is Emily, the CEO and Co-Founder of Froged, a Spanish startup focused on helping companies improve customer onboarding and retention while reducing churn rate.
Let’s give a warm welcome to Susan!
We talk about:
- What does the Spanish startup ecosystem look like?
- What does the Spanish investor ecosystem look like?
- How a hackathon changed her life
- How she recently closed a $500K seed round
- What she learned from each pitch?
- How to quickly find great investors
- If being a woman makes being an entrepreneur more challenging
And remember, Entrepreneurship is a Marathon, not a Sprint, so take care of yourself every day, so that you can live and love, and have the energy and the passion to run your business, and to invest in your team, and to find a way to appreciate those moments of happiness.