#51: Selling Your Business with Jay Myers
Jay Myers ran a business for over 20 years before finally selling it, and even though he was prepared in as many ways as possible, he still is learning to deal with what the rest of his life is going to be.
What You Learn
- How soon should you be thinking about selling your company?
- How to handle acquirers pursuing you when you aren’t interested?
- Did those calls change how you thought about your business?
- What you do to make your company look sexy?
- How do you determine what your reputation in the market is?
- How do you decrease turnover among employees?
- How do you get yourself onto those fastest growing lists like Forbes and Inc?
- What is the most important thing you wish someone had told you about selling a business?
- How did the buyer find you?
- Who from the team knew?
- What kind of legal prep?
- Did they make you an offer, or did you make an ask, and how did the negotiation work?
- Why you should get a personal good will audit?
- When should you sell your business?
- What is your plan for the next 5 years?
Transcript coming soon..